Mower deck Re-installing the deck

edmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a 2008 JD X720 w/ a 62" deck. This year I decided to do my own maintenance on the deck to learn how to take it off and re-install it so I can change blades or sharpen them on my own. I got the deck off easily but getting it back on is a different story. I did learn that by removing the lt rear wheel/tire, its much easier to get the drive shaft reconnected. The primary problem I'm having is that I can't get the rear forked lift brackets to drop. For some reason, the hydralics (which worked to raise them) won't lower them. Any ideas?

EdMac

edmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Re-installing the deck (resolved problem-see below)

Here's the solution to my own problem...thanks to my son. The rear arms would not come down since the weight of the deck was not on them. By applying some slight pressure to the top of the arms (pushing downward - we used a 1" dowel rod) and pushing the hydraulic lever forward, the arms immediately came down. Once down, the deck easily connected at the rear and facilitated the completion of the installation. Come on spring...I'm now ready for some more serious mowing.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Looks like you are all set ...
Nothing like just doing it, to find out what works when your faced with a new problem. :smile:KennyV

fastback

Threads
With a X720 I think I would looking forward to the cutting season. Nice machine.

Dashe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the insight to re-installing the deck. I just got my x720 and will be needing to go through the same thing you experienced. Haven't heard about taking the back wheel off to get the drive shaft connected before. Did you try rotating the guide wheels 90 degrees to help get the mower deck from under the tractor?