those new Murray's

jakewells

Threads
I was brownsing the walmart website and noticed that they are carrying murrays again but no this isn't no ordinary murray.
It is a MTD/Weedeater/Poulan/Husqvarna built unit just have a look for your self on these images i posted.
What got me thinking is why now? and not then? and i suppose murray is still owned by Briggs unless they sold them to MTD/Weedeater/Poulan/Husqvarna.
check this also it say welcome to the new murray :laughing: Murray
**********************************************************************************

Attachments

• murray 1.jpg
    murray 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 73
  • murray 2.jpg
    murray 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 72
  • murray 3.jpg
    murray 3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 64
  • murray 4.jpg
    murray 4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 63
  • murray 5.jpg
    murray 5.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 58
  • murray 6.png
    murray 6.png
    286.2 KB · Views: 48
  • murray 7.jpg
    murray 7.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 46

Parkmower

Threads
If you swapped the red to yellow on that ZT you'd have my cub rzt. Identical. Must be made by MTD.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was told at my MTD update school last month that MTD would be marketing mowers under different name this year and one of them was Murray. The old Murray mowers that briggs had are called Brute now. Maybe briggs sold the Murray name to MTD. I don't know.

Was also told some Toro mowers are made by MTD this year. Possibly due to the fact Toro is having problems meeting the 2012 Emissions standards. EPA cops have been checking Toro dealers for certificates of compliance.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
When I first saw this I thought it was about me. I'm now crying into a tissue at the disappointment.

Seriously though, those look quite good.

I'd be temped to buy that wee one with a grass chute and no bagging system.

Parkmower

Threads
jmurray01 said:
When I first saw this I thought it was about me. I'm now crying into a tissue at the disappointment.

Yeah You wish!!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I tell my BIL this that will be one of the happiest days of his life. Doesn't take much to entertain him.

BUT, OH GAWD, I hope the MTD enjiners have changed the turning radius for the better. That stupid tighter radius to the left and longer 12 foot radius to the right they have had in the past was a nightmare.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
From the pictures I would almost garantee that the only resembles they have to the old Murray is the name. They are the same MTD mowers that walmart sold last year except for the name, complete with the same problems they had last year.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
From the pictures I would almost garantee that the only resembles they have to the old Murray is the name. They are the same MTD mowers that walmart sold last year except for the name, complete with the same problems they had last year.
Care to divulge ? I'm interested to hear some of the problems.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Care to divulge ? I'm interested to hear some of the problems.

On pushmowers with the front plastic axle carrier I have seen them break off. The riders with the new thinner frame have problems with stress cracks (multiyear issue), and have hear of more than one breaking in two, and light weight front axle are subject to bending. The star mount for the blades on the spindles are easy to mess up if you miss the star or it slips off when tightening requireing a complete spindle change since MTD doesn't offer replacement parts for their spindles. The spindles range in price from about $60-150 apiece depending on deck size and model.

I am sure that the riders are the 700 series that MTD has been making for several years now, so doing a search for issues shouldn't been hard to find. The 11 and 12 seiries pushmowers with the plastic front and read deck attachments were the axles just snap in has a issue with the handle bending and flexing at its fold piece about 1/3 up the handle.