Seat Safety Switch?

jfmoore79

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where is the seat safety switch on a JD 777 mower? Can it be disconnected?Also, is there a trick to jump starting with the seat up. It seams like the only way to get cables on the battery is to have the seat up but then you cant start the mower.

Maybe Im just crazy or completely missing something....

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
Should be a fairly obvious switch that needs depressed under the seat. A lot of people jumper them out; my parent's JD was jumpered. After my dad passed and my Mom had a stroke I removed the jumper. She was dangerous enough without walking away from a running tractor with the mower engaged.

As for the need to raise the seat to jump the battery, sounds like another booksmart engineer needs to be locked in a room with his latest creation until he learns some common sense. (And I am an engineer.)

xp14629

Threads
You will never need to depress a seat switch to start a john deere mower. So open the handles, set the brake, and raise the seat. Install the jumper cables and fire up the engine. As for the location of the switch, when the seat is up, the bracket running from side to side at the front of the engine area, there will be what looks like a huge Phillips head screw driver tip coming up from the middle of the bracket. Below that is a shaft and spring. When depressed the shaft contacts the switch.