John Deere ZTR Questions?

maxxpower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I'm new here, but I've got a few questions I would appreciate some help with from some experienced people.

My delemia is that I want a new lawn mower and I don't know what would the best for me. Currently I have a good ol 455 that I have had since new and it has been a great machine! Up untill this year it has been solely used for mowing, but I have just added a 47" snowblower and a Cozy Cab. So now I'm thinking rather than switch back and forth mower to snowblower it may be time to buy a new mower. Especially if I can upgrade my cut and eliminate the tracks I currently leave.

My questions are...

- Will a ZTR leave a better cut than my AWS 455? (flatter, better strips)
- I've read a few places about "tearing" lawns and find my 455 seems to leave tracks around flower beds. Will a ZTR help me eliminate these tracks?
- I've narrowed my choice down to 2 models... the Z920 with 26hp Kawasaki or the Z925a EFI with Kohler. I know the EFI will be more efficent but sound levels are important to me. Which one is quieter, and is it a significant difference?
- I think I want a 54" deck with a mulch kit vs. the 54" MOD deck as I understand people complain about the MOD deck leaving wind rows. Does this make sense as I only mulch and will never use a side chute?

Thanks for any and all thoughts!