Mower wont start..

jeffro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all.I have a john deere mower about 7 years old.Last year the original battery died so i bought a new one.After not using it for 4 months or so,i tried to start it and nothing happened.No clicks,nothing.A friend gave me a battery he had.Mower started right up,i drove around a few minutes..turned it off..tried to start again and nothing happened.no clicks or anything..whats the deal?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Hello all.I have a john deere mower about 7 years old.Last year the original battery died so i bought a new one.After not using it for 4 months or so,i tried to start it and nothing happened.No clicks,nothing.A friend gave me a battery he had.Mower started right up,i drove around a few minutes..turned it off..tried to start again and nothing happened.no clicks or anything..whats the deal?
It sounds like some wires have been chewed through by rodents or something while it was sitting, so they now only connect intermittently.

I'd check all the wiring for any damage.

Oh, and :welcome:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
sound like bad battery connections or bad cables. If they are all good the next thing would be a bad starter solenoid.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
sound like bad battery connections or bad cables. If they are all good the next thing would be a bad starter solenoid.
Could be those too.

Give it a thorough check over next time you're near it :thumbsup:

The Mower Doctor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check all the safety cut off switches, spray with oil, sometimes the one under the seat can become a problem