Ariens: Kohler 16Hp

Threads
I have an older Ariens model # 934003 garden tractor with a Kohler 16hp in it...I am having a horrible time trying to find a new fuel pump for it. It is an older machine and the pump has 4-holes screws in to front side of engine. Any ideas where to look for one.....I have tried a basic google search and ebay...Nothing!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does it just have three hoses going to it. intake, output, and vacuum I don't know why any Kohler fuel pump wouldn't work or as far as that goes any vacuum operated fuel pump. The number of screws that hold it on shouldn't matter.

Threads
I has the main fuel line from the filter going to it, and then a line coming out the the carb.....

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
What model kohler do you have? If you only have two lines going to it something has to operate it. Could the vacuum line have come off of it is the reason it's not working? As a rule it is vacuum but could be electric? I really don't see why you just cant' get a universal pump for a small engine from NAPA. Frist what operates it vacuum or electric? Can't say I ever came across a electric fuel pump for a small engine except for the new fuel injected motorcycles.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
sounds like it could be the mechanical pump mounted on the valve cover. Post the model and spec and I can look it up on the kolher website. You can also log into the kohlerplus website as a guest and look up parts yourself by using the spec number to search for your engine.

Threads
The ariens is model 934003 and the Kohler is magnum16hp model MV16S Spec. 56507 and when i take the pump off i do see a valve looking thing...This set-up is new to me? thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Part number 52 559 03-S $72.98, My Kohler distributor has over 200 in stock. Your local Kohler dealer can get you one, or may be able to find one on ebay, or some other site.