Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have just had a john deere LX279 mower passed on to me, I have no books, and would welcome any advise anybody could give me. Andrew

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
:welcome:

Maintaining a mower is simple - Oil change once a season, lubricate the moving parts, keep the tyres inflated, and you're mowing with gas! :thumbsup:

possum

Threads
The tractor by that model looks to have a Kaw. engine on it. I would go over it a good bit. Check the cooling system and coolant, replace any filters overall on the engine. Take a look at the fuel in the tank and the tank as well for dirt or water, fuel lines for cracks or bad spots. Im not sure if that Tuff Torque tranny is serviceable or sealed. The engine specs call for 10w40 for over 104F and 10w30 for up to 104F, 5w30 for 20 below zero to 86F. The 10w40 and 10w30 are good down to about zeroF looks like.

Mower manic

Threads
Hello Andrew,
Glad your here. we have several members from "down under", none seem to active in a few months. But then there hasn't been much activity here.
I reconnoiter it's summer on your continent, it's winter here, and most everybody's grass is brown or hidden under the snow, yea snow.....it's some knid of white stuff that falls from the sky and makes people complain. I personnaly don't have much experience with it :rolleyes:.
You should know that we have a BK Brown and Robertbrown that come and go here. Do you have any relatives on this side of the world?

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
If you go to the John Deere website you should be able to download a .pdf file or order (for a fee) an owners manual using your model number and serial number. The site is a little convaluted, but I found the manuals for JD models I was interested in purchasing. I always download the .pdf of the current owners manual of anything I'm looking to buy, from a chainsaw to a tv.