converting a reel mower into a blade mower help

fvchinook

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have purchased a diesel 3 wheel triking reel mower at a colfcourse action and would like to convert it into a blade mower could i convert three old push mower decks by putting the hydrolic reel motors on them or would be better of finding some sort of front deck for it

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I'm not sure, but I think a reel mower engine has the flywheel mounted vertically to spin the blades at the front, and the engine on a rotary mower has the flywheel mounted horizontally.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
i have purchased a diesel 3 wheel triking reel mower at a colfcourse action and would like to convert it into a blade mower could i convert three old push mower decks by putting the hydrolic reel motors on them or would be better of finding some sort of front deck for it

WELCOME to LMF...
Your reel hydro motors will Not have the rpm needed to work...
Find a front mount deck and try to figure a way to shaft or belt drive it... You may still need to configure some type of lift for the deck...
This type conversion is Not going to be simple OR very eloquent when completed... :smile:KennyV

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

Sure sounds like some outfit. I would say with the right skills, equipment, time, and money you will make this work. Send a lot of pictures because I sure would like to see it when you are done.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Sure sounds like some outfit. I would say with the right skills, equipment, time, and money you will make this work. Send a lot of pictures because I sure would like to see it when you are done.
So would I - Good luck! :thumbsup: