Zero Turn choices?

Zuccinni

Forum Newbie
Threads
G'day,
I need a new ride on and I was after some feedback. My yard is a flat 2.5 acres with about 70 macadamia trees on it and other obstacles.
419c9972.jpg

I've been looking at Hustler Fastrak, Toro Titan, Grasshopper 200/300, Dixie Chopper Magnum/Sliver Eagle, Walker MB/MBS.
With engine size around 22~29 HP and deck size around 50"~60".
The ZT I am most interested in is the Walker MBK 56SD deck.
I know these are overkill for the size of my yard, but I want something that will last and maybe go and mow a few other yards.

Hustler are established in AUS - good.
Toro are also - good.
Walker are also -good.
Grasshopper are not so popular in AUS - not so good.
Dixie Chopper are just starting in AUS - not so good.
Now, if the GH and DC are a quality ZT then parts backup may not be an issue in Australia.

Observations so far;
Walker: Popular, grease-able everything but, I have read on here somewhere that you need to have good conditions. What is classed as good conditions?
DC: Seems to be able to cut down a forest.
GH: Quality built.
Toro: Popular with plenty of parts backup.
Hustler: Popular, quality built.

A well built machine may offset the need for spare parts to be readily available.

What should I do?

Thank you for your time.
Robert.
Brisbane, Australia.

Black Bart

Threads
G'day,
I need a new ride on and I was after some feedback. My yard is a flat 2.5 acres with about 70 macadamia trees on it and other obstacles.
419c9972.jpg

I've been looking at Hustler Fastrak, Toro Titan, Grasshopper 200/300, Dixie Chopper Magnum/Sliver Eagle, Walker MB/MBS.
With engine size around 22~29 HP and deck size around 50"~60".
The ZT I am most interested in is the Walker MBK 56SD deck.
I know these are overkill for the size of my yard, but I want something that will last and maybe go and mow a few other yards.

Hustler are established in AUS - good.
Toro are also - good.
Walker are also -good.
Grasshopper are not so popular in AUS - not so good.
Dixie Chopper are just starting in AUS - not so good.
Now, if the GH and DC are a quality ZT then parts backup may not be an issue in Australia.

Observations so far;
Walker: Popular, grease-able everything but, I have read on here somewhere that you need to have good conditions. What is classed as good conditions?
DC: Seems to be able to cut down a forest.
GH: Quality built.
Toro: Popular with plenty of parts backup.
Hustler: Popular, quality built.

A well built machine may offset the need for spare parts to be readily available.

What should I do?

Thank you for your time.
Robert.
Brisbane, Australia.
All of those you mention are good machines for what you will be mowing I would buy a commercial model not a low end residential mower.

I would buy what every you can get the best parts and service since they are all good.

I have owned 2 GH and they are well built Hustler is sturdy also as long as you stay away from the low end ones you should get good service.

Zuccinni

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got off the phone with the GH dealer at Yandina about an hour drive up the road, and of all the above mentioned ZT, he is the only one that is keen to demo GH227.

Black Bart

Threads
Just got off the phone with the GH dealer at Yandina about an hour drive up the road, and of all the above mentioned ZT, he is the only one that is keen to demo GH227.

Sounds like he wants your business.

If dealer is not helpful when you are buying just imagine what he would be like if you had a warranty claim.

Zuccinni

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input. I think I'll consider the GH226 as well after having a look at the GH227. They seem to be fairly well built.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
With all the trees look at the Ferris Pro 60 with the deck out front. It turns just a sharp as any Zero turn and mows just as fast. It also has a soft ride for any rough ground. It looks like they do sell them in Australia. Look at them you won't be sorry you did and seeing you are going to spend over 10,000 dollars for a mower why not get the best.

173abn

Threads
Hi Zuccinni,might consider GH w/front mount deck and diesel powered...russ