Area per gallon

Ross

Threads
I've got a silly question. How much area do you think a person can mow with a push behind Yard Man mower with 1 gallon of gas.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've got a silly question. How much area do you think a person can mow with a push behind Yard Man mower with 1 gallon of gas.

Too many variables to calculate...need to know width of cut, horsepower, self propelled or push, side discharge or bagger, type of grass (thick or thin) flat or hilled area, etc.

If you really want to know for sure, empty the fuel tank, put in one cup of gas, then mow until the engine dies, calculate the area you mowed and multiply by 16. :smile:

Hoss

Threads
That's the easiest way right there. I know some guys that mow a lot of acreage, and they always bring just enough gas to get the job done.

Madi

Threads
I know by husband can mow our whole yard on a tank of gas and some the next time then he needs to fill it up. We don't have a huge lot, it is about an acre.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know by husband can mow our whole yard on a tank of gas and some the next time then he needs to fill it up. We don't have a huge lot, it is about an acre.

Push mower, self propelled, rider, garden tractor, compact utility tractor....???? I can cut four acres twice over with my JD 4210 without switching to reserve (10 gallon tank) and is anyone impressed? JEEZ.

rhonda42

Threads
While I've never actually measured it myself, based on the size of my lawn (about an acre), I'd bet you could get about 20-30 miles per gallon.

indypower

Threads
Actually, on this type of equipment, fuel useage is usually done by gallons per hour. Push mowers usually have 1/4 - 1/2 gallon gas tanks. If the grass is not too thick, and the mower is tuned properly, you should be able to mow for at least 3/4 hour on a tank.