For cleaning

cren

Threads
Ours tends to get a little on the dirty side and I am sure we could do something simple like hand wash it, but is it worth power washing maybe once a year and applying some type of coating to keep the dirt at bay more?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wash my tractors and mowers regularly... have even been known to use a little wax now and then... :wink::smile:KennyV

SallyA

Threads
Anyone get the impression that KennyV likes to take good care of his equipment? Good for you, KennyV!

I don't think power washing would hurt anything and the better care you take of your equipment, the longer it will last generally.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone get the impression that KennyV likes to take good care of his equipment? Good for you, KennyV!

I don't think power washing would hurt anything and the better care you take of your equipment, the longer it will last generally.

Wax my push mowers when they are new and power wash underside and topside several times a year, also remove belt cover (self propelled) and clean out underneath the cover. The amount of debris that builds up there is amazing. Keeping the topside clean helps the engine run cooler and allows you to catch any gas or oil leaks early. Put a plastic bag over air filter before washing.

Big mower...JD 4210 with 7-Iron deck....waxed every July and gets washed several times a year.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
With an occasional waxing everything is so much easier to keep clean...:thumbsup::thumbsup:
And it's so much nicer to work on when you have to.. :smile:KennyV

Hoss

Threads
Keeping your equipment clean will go a long way in making it last longer. I think Kenny just likes to keep it clean so he can see his reflection in it.:laughing:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think Kenny just likes to keep it clean so he can see his reflection in it.:laughing:

Ha ha.... Just yesterday while replacing bearings in my larger rear mount finish mower... I cought a glimps of myself in the rear glass on my tractor... Ugh... who is that OLD geezer in my tractor??? Yikes it was ME...
It's a good thing my eye sight is starting to fade...
:smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
After every mow I clean under the deck on my Grasshopper then I take off the derbies screen and blow it clean as well as the air filter,$65.00 for that guy.then I grease all 16 zerks and this fall I plan on degressing the engine.diesels tend to get dirity but I like em clean.I plan on doing some touch up painting as well in the new add on shed I built just for it. russ

henry

Threads
I have never considered waxing my mower before but I love to wax my car so why not! Kenny is there a certain type of wax that you would recommend for this?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
is there a certain type of wax that you would recommend for this?

Same stuff you use on your car will work fine:thumbsup:... Keeps everything clean and easy to look at and work on...:smile:KennyV