Is this machine worth the time it takes to get it running?

sss

Threads
  • / Is this machine worth the time it takes to get it running?
Just get it! (do mowers have sealed bearings mine certainly doesent)

hurst1979olds

Threads
I got a Toro RER for free when I first bought my house. I never used it because it was a 22" cut and I have an acre. I picked up a bigger mower before I closed on the house. But I got it running great, and sold it in the spring on CL. I got $275 for it. The guy came out didnt chew me down or nothing. It looked the same condition as yours.
Good luck with your project.

HarryHarley

Threads
Being this thread is some what old, I'm sure you made a decision already.
For what it's worth though....I had one just like it except it was red in color. Had been the worst mower I ever used. BUT for free, I would take it in a heart beat. Visually it looks in decent shape.
Wonder what ever happened?

Threads
paint it resale red, and ask 750. you could always reluctantly take 600:thumbsup::laughing:

DaveTN

Threads
Those rear-engine mowers aren't very popular up here in East TN. The big engine up front mowers bring more. I've got one of those rear-engine mowers and don't care much for them since they ride rough. If it's FREE or nearly free I'd give it a go. Probably nothing more than clean the carburetor and change the oil and gas and you're off! Mowers probably bring more down in Florida than here. If you could put $50 in it, I'd sell it for $200. Good Luck!