Husqvarna YTH2754T Slow up hills

mowitall.cl

Threads
I am a commercial dealer n carry many brands but it sounds like a snapper pro s200 or ferris is 2000 or scag turf tiger is what i would recommend n u will not ne diss satisfied athenslawn.com

CoolBreeze

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I ended up getting a Hustler X-One and I am extremely happy with it.

mowitall.cl

Threads
Yes good mowers just traded on one for a scag he was happy with it but said had alot of hydro problems but i told him thats not even a hustler part its made by vendors and are on hundreds of other brands

jib chicklet

Forum Newbie
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
As you have discovered that trans-axle will not tolerate a heat load for long...
The first symptoms begin when the hydraulic oil cooks and looses it's ability to lubricate the internal parts... then as it is forced to operate it will cook internal seals and finally destroy itself....

I don't think you can add external coolers OR a large oil reservoir to that lawn tractor... but that is what is needed to operate that machine in those harsh conditions...

The trans-axles on Many lawn mowers are not designed for easy service... there is nothing that is completely Non-serviceable, some things are just designed to be easily serviced... others very difficult...

If you sill have any warranty... have another replacement and then either sell it or use it on a flat area...
If your warranty is up... you have only a couple choices...
Try to do an oil change first... Use a good synthetic engine oil 5W 40, or 15W 50 ... in the trans-axle... Your first challenge will be getting most of the cooked oil out....
fill it with fresh "Synthetic Motor oil" Mobil1 15w 50 OR Rotella T6 will work fine... if the internal parts are not too damaged, you will have an operational mower again... BUT don't use it on any continuous hill climbing job... .... Good Luck, you need something better designed to take that kind of load & get rid of the heat...
:smile:KennyV

It should be a TUFFTORX trans axle. if you go to their website, they have changed their stance on unserviceable. They sell all that is needed to rebuild or change the oil. I have changed mine several times and it is fairly easy if you are mech. inclined. youtube has several videos on how to service the unit.