New member here in IN.

win87

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a Hustler 4400 with a 4 cly. Kubota diesel motor. It is a 1996 model that I brought from the park. It wants wants to die after 10 min. It will restart after 10 min. and run for 5 min .Any help is welcome.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello & WELCOME to LMF...

Love the big industrial mowers... & Kubota builds the best small diesel engines for the job...
The Hustler 4400 is a Very well built tractor... What mower deck(s) do you have for it? Did you get a snow blower? & do you have the full cab... You can do a Lot with that machine ...

To your problem, have you noticed when the engine dies, is the fuel shut off solenoid releasing and stopping fuel flow to the rack?
Check that solenoid and its associated wiring.... :smile:KennyV

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also, might be the coil.

Diesel Kubota...
If you meant the coil inside the fuel shut off solenoid... that could be right.. but there are 2 coils in that solenoid ... a Pull winding and a hold winding... BUT if either is bad you need to replace it... around $75...
I'd check the associated wiring first... as those solenoids are very robust and tend to either work or Not work... typically will not be intermittent. :smile:KennyV

win87

Forum Newbie
Threads
The fuel valve is still open.

TradesmanGuy

Threads
Any chance the fuel filter would be dirty, and restricting flow so the engine can only run so long before it dies from lack of fuel? Don't laugh, I am new here but want to help if I can.

win87

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put a new fuel filter on. Same o same o. Removed the fuel cap to see if it was getting air locked. Same o same o. Pulled the fuel line off from primary pump to secantary pump had fuel. Pressure?