My riding mower can not swim(30" Murray)

rron1229

Threads
Hi everyone, My sister was pulling a yard trailer around the pool and the trailer whent into the pool and my 30" Murray (model# 309000X8A) rider jumped in to try and save the trailer but, the mower whent down running. Now, I have drained all the water out of the engine, carb. and fuel tank. The mower has no fire at all, I can't find any kind of brain box (ign. module). I did see on the parts page there is a diode in the line, is there a possibility the diode may be burnt out to keep the ignition dead or, is there a bigger problem? Thanks for all the help!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very little moisture can cause the magneto to fail to fire... and having been completely submerged it is likely that it still has a little moisture.... Try drying it with a hair dryer ... good flow of Over 100 degree heat for quite a while... Same with the key switch, it only takes a little leakage to shut down the magneto....

Too bad you didn't have pictures to post... It would definitely be something most have not had the opportunity to see... :smile:KennyV

rron1229

Threads
Thanks very much for the info, I will try that. Hopefully that will do it. I thought there would be a module and that the circuit board might have gotten fried. I did want to get pics but I could not find the camera, honestly, that was the first thing I thought after I saw she was alright.

Mower manic

Threads
Thanks very much for the info, I will try that. Hopefully that will do it. I thought there would be a module and that the circuit board might have gotten fried. I did want to get pics but I could not find the camera, honestly, that was the first thing I thought after I saw she was alright.

While your looking for camera, keep an eye out for those water wings :wink:

benski

Threads
You might want to spray some fogging oil down the spark plug hole and pull things through a couple of times until you get it running again. Things rust up pretty quickly.:frown:

Duffer72

Threads
Sorry couldn't resist- You sure it isn't flooded????

TradesmanGuy

Threads

With your username, I would expect something about "look out for those water hazards" while mowing. Where I live, any inground pools have to be surrounded by a fence to prevent any situations like this, as well as keep kids out of your pool.

rron1229

Threads
The pool was inside a privacy fence. She was just passing through.

Mower manic

Threads
The pool was inside a privacy fence. She was just passing through.

Sounds like a close call. I hope she's OK. I'll bet if she's like my sister she was very apologetic.
Was she on the mower when it went it?

rron1229

Threads

I have really got a good laugh out of this whole ordeal.Humor helps. Duffer 72 thanks but, yes it is flooded because it does not have fire, I can hold the plug wire in my hand and, nothing.