No more Johndeere pushmowers,,,no more J D walkbehind snow throwers...

bigmoose

Threads
  • / No more Johndeere pushmowers,,,no more J D walkbehind snow throwers...
I read on the net that J D is going to handle Honda upper end mowers and snow movers, since a sub cont. is making the J D brand equipment, J D decided to drop the put on a sticker and paint yellow and green, I think the company made a smart move. I think the Honda brand of power tools are quite good.:.My local dealer has a complete line of Stihl products. Stthumbsup:

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
Agree. Paint and a decal do not insert quality into the build. Sometime's it better to admit you can't compete and stick to your core competencies. I grew up with JD lawn and garden tractors (popping wheelies, speed shifting, mowing patures a foot high, blowing snow on the Tug Hill in NY (300+ inches a year)) and they were tough.

Sammy the Red

Threads
Last I knew, was that the JD snowblowers were made by Ariens.

Bison

Threads
I think JD is no longer top of the line with lawn tractors,hasn't been for years allready.
Its all the same crap now,its all throw away junk :thumbdown:

Mower manic

Threads
John Deere is more of a trademark in the home garden market. I think they just contract the trademark to whomever can meet the specs and production numbers. If you look close you will only subtle differences between JD and other brands of mowers or other equipment.
A friend of mine has a John Deere generator 3000watss or so I don't remember.
They probably make John Deere boots and belt buckles too:rolleyes:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have owned JD equipment, large and small... the smallest stuf is as you say ...only the name, not the expected quality I associate with the name... (there are JD hats BTW) ... JD dose not make them, but as hats go, they are usually an okay quality hat, not the cheapest money can buy.

Ive also had both farm and construction equipment... the larger stuff is okay but there are a lot of other manufactures that make better heavy equipment...

I do have some friends that are rather disappointed with their JD purchases... Hope the company turns around and quits allowing their name on questionable equipment... :smile:KennyV

LandN

Threads
I bought a couple of the j. d. string trimmers a couple years back when they discontinued their trimmers and leaf blowers for 100.00 each they still run good , then, i figured it was a matter of time til the mowers and snow blowers got discontinued.so it don't surprise me much that they made the move.i also own the j.d. 30" snowblower that i bailed out a lot of people on last years big snow..but then on the other hand j.d. just introduced a full commercial duty 21" wb mower we85 with a kawi engine on it :confused2: