Kohler Command Pro 25 Blowing Oil In Carb

Allmand

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Kohler Command 25 730s that is getting oil blown into the carb from what I think is the crank case vent. What would cause this? Is there a PCV valve that I can change? Is this blow by from the pistons? Any suggestions would be helpful. Also is there anywhere I can get an engine diagram. The model is 730s.

James

Allmand

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the link! That will come in handy.

It looks like I may have had too much oil in the crank case. It was not mush over the hash lines. But draining some of the oil seems to have stopped the problem for now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
that could do it!....clean all the oiled parts and see if returns

jeick001

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a new in 2005 a Sears DG6000 54 inch cut 3 blade.
I had it for about second mow on yard and all the sudden I couldn't see the mower under neath me.
sears warranty had someone come out and replace the engine.
He said it was read valves that were made not to have oil transfer in the heads broke.
to this day I just add oil every time i mow the yard.
New engine and still blows oil enough to add?
wandered if their was a another way to vent the engine. and stop burning Oil?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
check air filter for being dirty & stopped up, also smell oil on dipstick & see if it smells like gas.

Threads
I bought a new in 2005 a Sears DG6000 54 inch cut 3 blade.
I had it for about second mow on yard and all the sudden I couldn't see the mower under neath me.
sears warranty had someone come out and replace the engine.
He said it was read valves that were made not to have oil transfer in the heads broke.
to this day I just add oil every time i mow the yard.
New engine and still blows oil enough to add?
wandered if their was a another way to vent the engine. and stop burning Oil?

So they put a brand new engine back on your mower in 2005 ????? When did it start losing / using oil after that ????

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
So they put a brand new engine back on your mower in 2005 ????? When did it start losing / using oil after that ????

Wondering the same thing. Depending on when it was replaced could have the no fire ring head gaskets and could have the notorious Command 25 blown head gasket disease.

jeick001

Forum Newbie
Threads

HI it started using oil with the new engine. It was never as bad as the first engine that had Broken reed valves in the head?

jeick001

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wondering the same thing. Depending on when it was replaced could have the no fire ring head gaskets and could have the notorious Command 25 blown head gasket disease.

Just to add to the information first motor had bad oil smoke. the Repair guy replaced the head gasket first but didnt help and tried to replace reed valves. but it still smoked. so he came and replaced the engine.
the new one ran for a couple mows and then I noticed the oil was down so I added and have ever sence?