Murray lawn tractor spring location

dbfire

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there ,new to the forum. Hope someone can help me out.
Im just about finished putting my tractor back together after letting it sit for to long. I had to order a few springs for the drive system. But now i have one problem. number 26 the spring and number 32 thats the assembly that rotates around to put tension on the pulley assembly. I just can seem to locate the correct placement for that spring. I believe it hooked behind #44 but i cant get the setup to work.

42906x8a.07.gif

lakeviewpe

Threads
From the diagram it appears that the spring hooks on to piece number 32 and possibly piece number 25. look for little wear marks in the metal where the spring would have rubbed.

dbfire

Forum Newbie
Threads
From the diagram it appears that the spring hooks on to piece number 32 and possibly piece number 25. look for little wear marks in the metal where the spring would have rubbed.
Thats what i thought ,but theres something wrong . I cant get the tension on the belt with it hooked that way. the bracket #32 should pull forward to engage the motion drive belt. It isnt working that way.
From the diagram it looks as though the spring hooks behind the front pully. Then goes ? Maybe some can help from these pics.
IMG_0669.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0667.jpg
[/IMG]

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
would get a little mirror and a small flashlite and look for the shiny wear marks where it would be....from the pictures...i almost think it hooks to the frame?...........by the way..that belt looks shot

dbfire

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fixed
The spring attached to the opening in the rear of the tractor body. You can see it in the second pic just above the pulley. It was broken for so long that the rust covered up the wear marks.