1999 bs 20 hp twin

diver00706

Forum Newbie
Threads
any help would be greatly apreciated. i have cleaned the carb ,rebuilt fuel pump and put in new plugs. however she still wants to surge .i have cleaned the govenor good as well . just a little confused now thanks andy

mullins87

Threads
Have you adjusted the carb? If it has a screw on the bottom of the bowl, then give it a twist while the engine is running. If it's not there, it will be somewhere on the carb body.

diver00706

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks dont see a screw on carb bowl just the idle screw on side of bowl. sorry so long to reply . back on it this am will check back.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
This isn't a thread for the New Members section.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello andy, & WELCOME to LMF...

If your sure that the carb is cleaned, you should find several different settings on the governor... try another hole with the tension spring...It may have been placed in the wrong spot... :smile:KennyV

diver00706

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks kenny. i found my coil only firing on one side today so after new one goes in i'll see how it does and if not i'll try that thanks again andy

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If your only getting half the ignition I would have thought you would have more indications than just surging...
I'm sure having both cylinders firing will smooth that engine right out. :thumbsup:
Post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
WELCOME to LMF

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:

diver00706

Forum Newbie
Threads
If your only getting half the ignition I would have thought you would have more indications than just surging...
I'm sure having both cylinders firing will smooth that engine right out. :thumbsup:
Post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

this helped alot just a little rough now . some fine adjustments and all should be great in lawnmower land.