Winter Is Coming!

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I think it was yesterday that the weather report said the nights were now longer than the days! :eek:

I can't believe that is is only a few months until 2012...

I'm still trying to get myself used to writing 2011 on the top of a letter instead of 2010, and now it is going to be 2012 soon!

Where does the year go!?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think it was yesterday that the weather report said the nights were now longer than the days! :eek:

I can't believe that is is only a few months until 2012...

I'm still trying to get myself used to writing 2011 on the top of a letter instead of 2010, and now it is going to be 2012 soon!

Where does the year go!?

Wait until you get to be old like me, the year zips by really fast.

I read an essay a long time ago, the explanation is like this:

When you have twenty dollars in your wallet, and someone gives you twenty more, it seems amazing that you have doubled your money. Now, suppose you have a thousand, and someone gives you twenty more. Compared to your original thousand, twenty is really a pittance, although the increase in your money is THE SAME.

Now, when you are ten years old, a year is 10% of your entire life, so it seems like a long time. And when you are fifty years old, it is only 2% of your entire life, so it seems very insignificant (and short) compared to a year when you were ten years old. The year is the same to both people, yet to the older person, it will seem much shorter.

EVERYBODY GOT THAT???

Now

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Wait until you get to be old like me, the year zips by really fast.

I read an essay a long time ago, the explanation is like this:

When you have twenty dollars in your wallet, and someone gives you twenty more, it seems amazing that you have doubled your money. Now, suppose you have a thousand, and someone gives you twenty more. Compared to your original thousand, twenty is really a pittance, although the increase in your money is THE SAME.

Now, when you are ten years old, a year is 10% of your entire life, so it seems like a long time. And when you are fifty years old, it is only 2% of your entire life, so it seems very insignificant (and short) compared to a year when you were ten years old. The year is the same to both people, yet to the older person, it will seem much shorter.

EVERYBODY GOT THAT???

Now
That is very interesting, and probably true...

The scary bit is that if the year seems to fly by for me now, I'll be lucky if I have enough time to get to the toilet once in the whole year when I'm 50!

jd335

Threads
That is very interesting, and probably true...

The scary bit is that if the year seems to fly by for me now, I'll be lucky if I have enough time to get to the toilet once in the whole year when I'm 50!
jm i hope the one time you got to go in that year that you make therein time.:laughing:

Bison

Threads
Life is like a roll of toilet paper,there seems lots when you start out,but the roll gets smaller faster towards the end:frown:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
A lot of other retired people I know say that the weeks go by faster when you are not working, well my reasoning for that is as follows:

When you were working, Monday thru Friday dragged along taking forever, while Saturday and Sunday went by in no time. And when you are retired, you have six Saturdays and one Sunday a week. Yeah, it ain't fair.