No PTO / No Headlights / No Blower Chute movement

tgenereaux

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / No PTO / No Headlights / No Blower Chute movement
Hi Everyone

so I just went out the other night to start my Lawn Tractor (Regent) and dead battery, jump-started fine I install my 48' Snowblower and no power when I pull the PTO switch No headlight and no chute movement.

I tested the battery with the engine not running and 0 volts so I jumped started it and when running at low idle 6.6 v & at high idle 7.7v and still no power I am guessing I have a charging problem as I think it should be charging at 12v at high idle.

any idea would be great before I unmount the blower and take it in the shop.

thanks in advance

Terry

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could be a charging system issue, but cannot reliably check the system output with a faulty battery. Depending on what charging system, and or regulator the regulator will not close the internal charge switch inside the regulator unless there is at least 9 volts from the battery. So you will need to recheck the system after charging or replacing the battery.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove battery & take to any auto parts store & ask them to load test battery, this should be of no cost to you. Be sure to take old battery with you where ever you purchase new battery, otherwise they will charge you with core charge. Also make sure new battery has same or more CCA'S cold cranking amps per your owners manual or original battery, new battery should have date of manufacture also. Shop stores near you online for best price. In other words you can have your battery load tested at Auto Zone & take it with you to Tractor Supply & purchase new battery. Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. do not load test batteries but sell new batteries & accept old batteries as core. I purchased my battery at Tractor Supply as they had best price & CCA'S that I needed.

mikebarber

Threads
"W" sells the cheapest chinese crap they can get for the lowest price however I have been pretty impressed with their $20 mower lead acid battery got a couple of them and with a little bit of off season maintenance and a charge or 2 they hold up well just my 2 cents worth Most mower batteries fail due to lack of maintenance not time