Help deciding between these two models Snapper 560Z and Snapper Pro S50XT

Heliraptor

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Help deciding between these two models Snapper 560Z and Snapper Pro S50XT
A store near my home has these two Snapper models:

1. Snapper 560Z, 52 inches, FR730V 24 HP Motor, ZT-3200, Deck Gauge # 10
2. Snapper Pro S50XT, 48 inches, B&S Commercial Series 25 HP Engine, ZT-3100, Deck ICD Cutting

My yard is two acres, I prefer the Kawasaki engine, between these two decks which has the best cut quality. For your experiences what are the pros and cons on these two zero turn mowers.
Thanks for the comments.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I suggest you ask dealer to deliver both models to your home to try out yourself. If he says no then go try them out at dealership providing he has a yard with grass. If you're a serious consumer they should accommodate you if they want to make a sale.

Heliraptor

Forum Newbie
Threads
The problem is that it is not a Snapper store, it is a reseller that does not allow testing of its ZTR mowers.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
:2cents:
Go with the one that has the Kawa on it...

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Find a reputable dealer that has a parts & service dept.

Heliraptor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your comments. I currently have a 42-inch craftsman tractor, it is not a ZTR, it is 14 years old, I do not complain about the service it has provided. I want to buy a new tractor and wish recommendations. My doubt in these two Snapper tractors is the engine because in this forum many people indicate that the Kawasaki engine is much better than the other brands. The Briggs & Stratton Commercial as compared to the Kawasaki in quality and power. The deck the Snapper Pro is ICD Cutting as compared to the deck Model 560Z in cut quality is similar or has a big difference. The Snapper Pro S50XT has smaller tires than the Model 560Z, my doubt if having small tires has problems getting stuck in non-flat terrain.

wingstrut

Threads
Thanks for your comments. I currently have a 42-inch craftsman tractor, it is not a ZTR, it is 14 years old, I do not complain about the service it has provided. I want to buy a new tractor and wish recommendations. My doubt in these two Snapper tractors is the engine because in this forum many people indicate that the Kawasaki engine is much better than the other brands. The Briggs & Stratton Commercial as compared to the Kawasaki in quality and power. The deck the Snapper Pro is ICD Cutting as compared to the deck Model 560Z in cut quality is similar or has a big difference. The Snapper Pro S50XT has smaller tires than the Model 560Z, my doubt if having small tires has problems getting stuck in non-flat terrain.

wingstrut

Threads
Helirapter, i am sure you probably purchased a new mower by now, but I will give you my experience on the Pro S50XT.
Mine came with the Kawasaki 600 industrial engine and it is a trouble free smooth and powerful engine, the mower has performed flawlessly except for one thing, the tires aren't large enough, on a slight incline the highest tire on the hill will not get enough traction to allow the mower to turn uphill, it just spins.
The larger tire will put more rubber on the ground for better handling.
As far as the hydraulic pumps, I have heard the 3100's aren't heavy enough for commercial, all I can say is BS!!!
These amateurs that state that are just that. I know of three of these units in heavy commercial use for the last six years without any problems.
The deck cuts a finish comparable to the super expensive models, there are no highs or lows and the surface is perfect across the three blade deck.
Grass clogging/buildup in the deck is very minimal, not enough to hinder the function of the deck and this sucker will throw grass a long distance keeping the coverage minimal to prevent grass build up and browning.
In conclusion: tractor type mowers are the best for incline mowing, but if your ground is flat and you have a lot of obstacles to go around the ZTR is the best.
As far as the Kaw being better than the Briggs, you have 14 years on your Craftsman, it doesn't sound like the Briggs is bad engine, I have a Briggs Industrial on my twenty year old tiller that runs like the day I bought it new.
Good luck on your choice.