Countax C800H won't turn over

bendroid

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all

I recently purchased a property that came with a Countax C800H ride on mower (Honda 20HP engine).

First start was fine and I managed around 400m of mowing before I turned it off to take a phone call. After that it wouldn't start again, the engine won't even turn over. It's flashing C on the LCD panel which, from Googling, suggests the parking brake is potentially not being detected as being on?

The seat detection wire has been overriden by the previous owner and I can't find any wires leading to the parking brake or any of the housing - what could be the issue?

I've replaced the battery as it was a little old and confirmed the starter solenoid is getting power already, but still no dice (starter motor spins if I short circuit the solenoid terminals with a screwdriver).

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Every mower has a brake switch somewhere.
So you will need to do some more investigating.
They put them in all sorts of funny places so follow the wires.
If you can get a parts breakdown then look for the brake switch.
Usually they are either inside the steering console / tower , behind the dash panel whatever you want to call it .
Some times they are under the foot boards.
The brake is on the rear wheel so you can follow the brake rod if the wiring is too hard / difficult to see.

The switches are very simple sliding contact type and prone to failure.

mistermowerman

Threads
Hello, when you turned off the mower did you put the handbrake on ,(lever on the left hand side at your elbow)as the mower will not start unless the handbrake is on. Gary