JD X570 mower blade question

Rludington

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had a x570 for about 7 months now, and bought it with the mulch kit installed. From day one its had this terrible vibration rattle. I locked down everything I could. Greased everything.. (,no luck) it didnt do this on the dealers lot (pre mulch kit) .. so off comes the jd mulch blades and on go the original standard blades. Ahhhh.. no more vibration / rattle. Took the mulch blades, hung them on a nail. And they all lean a little to the left. So. I will attempt to re- balance .. but if I fail at this... what would you reccomend for the x570 with the mulch kit ? Gator G6 ? That is what I have been seeing in old posts.. but is that still the consensus now ?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Older post I know but the nail on the wall balancing method is inadequate. You can get yourself a cone balancer for a few dollars. They're not great but much better. https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Mower...V86H44GTGF9&psc=1&refRID=AY6P98XJAV86H44GTGF9

No, you don't want the Gator G6 blades with a mulch kit. They're a high lift blade and will throw way too much air. The G5 and G6 work well for mulching while discharging, not with mulch kit baffles and blocking plates.