Plastic tank fix

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yep, I got The original.
I had to replace the starter cup also on this engine, whenever I pulled the rope it pulled rough and jerky. Luckily I had one in my Spare Parts pile I swapped it with. Pulls smooth now.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Got it JB Welded. I Kleaned it real good to. I made sure to Kapital K Klean it
:wink:
With brake Kleen and Kompressed air. And roughed it up some with a file.
It covered the crack good and I got it built up around the area and underneath the tank seam.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool, Good you roughed up the surfaced for the best bite to cling to,.

Let it thoroughly cure, (I know you will) but if it is thick, I'd give it an extra day to cure fully.

That's where mine had the crack under the tank seam. I added a brace to stiffen the mounting areas. Mine would wiggle (I found out by the crack.) But fixed that.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
How would you recommend bracing it? Since its on a Quantum, there isn't much room
It only has 4 5/16 bolts holding it to the shroud and one 3/8 bolt holding it on the block...

Lawn Addict
Threads
Guess your tank mounts very differently than mine did. Maybe you could cut some rubber strips to mount it on. I save old inner tubes for stuff like this.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see, mounting it as you would should be all you need then, it seems well supported.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I see, mounting it as you would should be all you need then, it seems well supported.

I guess them engineers are smart after all :laughing::laughing:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
So far no leaks!
I've got the mower tore down to just the deck shell,killing the rust and gonna repaint it.