Exmark with Kohler engine - fuel solenoid

Mizaree

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was trying to get the last cut on my lawn this week. My machine started back firing severely and losing power. I thought the problem was related to the fuel shut off solenoid. I replaced the solenoid, the back firing stopped, started right up, started mowing, shortly after it started losing power. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Heat related failure of an ignition module causing it to run on one cylinder.

Mizaree

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the feedback. Is it likely that the fuel solenoid and ignition module both went out at the same time?

Mizaree

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the ignition module the ignition coil, or is it a separate component? New to all this and really cant afford to take to a professional at this time...

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ignition module is the ignition coil. Also it most likely wasn't the fuel solenoid causing the problem. Fuel solenoid problem would of just shut the engine off not cause backfiring. The backfiring could of been the module firing sometimes and not others.Most likely the engine cooled off and the module started working until it got hot again.

Mizaree

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks again for the advise and input. Now to determine which one I have... Thank you for sharing the info.