what model engine?

RP54

Threads
Hi, I have a Jacobsen 21" Lawn Queen Reel mower. The mower plate says # 220-62208. I can not find any numbers on the engine itself. Can anyone tell me how/where to look for possible numbers?
Thanks! - Bob

RP54

Threads

Thank you Rivets!
I already have the first one you listed for the mower itself; It's a little different model but the information is still useful. The drawings make disassembly and reassembly easier - always hate having a part left over where I have to tear it down again to install it.

The history one will be useful; I try to learn as much as I can about each mower. I think it helps with the restoring when I know a bit about the era and the background. Interesting how paint colors were often based on people's perceptions over the years.

Russ2251

Threads
RP54:
Can post pics of what you have?

RP54

Threads
RP54:
Can post pics of what you have?

Jacobsen (Jenna) front view.jpgJacobsen (Jenna) left view.jpgJacobsen (Jenna) right view.jpgJacobsen (Jenna) carb.jpg

Sorry, I don't know how to rotate the 2 middle pics. I will be gone tomorrow to pick up a Bolens articulated mower but I'll take more pics of the engine itself when I get back.
I received several mowers at one time several weeks ago. I'm still trying to prioritize what to work with first. I'm just trying to collect info for this one right now so I'll have it on hand when I'm ready to restore it.

This Jacobsen, the Eclipses, and an F&N reel have been challenging to find anything about. The others all have B&S engines (WI, 5S, & NS), and I have all the B&S manuals, just little to nothing about the mowers themselves.

Romore

Threads
That is a Jacobsen built engine, too many years since I have seen one so can't help with the model number.

Russ2251

Threads
Looks like a J-321.
2½hp and is robust and bullet proof.
Probably a Tillotson carb.
Mid to late '50's is my guess.

RP54

Threads
Thanks Romore & Russ,
I just got home (it's after dark) so it'll be tomorrow before I get out to take more pictures. I'll pull the air cleaner off to get more pics of the carb and I hope to pull the shroud off the engine in case they hid numbers under there. I'll post whatever I find.

I found some general info about Jacobsen engines so hopefully it will get me started. I'm sure it won't have tolerances & torques but since I'm not planning to go any deeper than cleaning the carb for now that should be fine.

Russ2251

Threads
Some folks are under the mistaken idea that they were manufactured by Tecumseh.
They were not.
IMHO they are one of the most underrated 2 cycle engines out there.

RP54

Threads
Some folks are under the mistaken idea that they were manufactured by Tecumseh.
They were not.
IMHO they are one of the most underrated 2 cycle engines out there.

I've heard that too. The more I read about Jacobsen the more impressed I become; This Jacobsen was one of the reel mowers I've wanted for a while.