what model engine?

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

If you ever remove the rod cap, do it over a plastic tray, as the needle bearings will fall out and go everywhere.

Been there, done that,,,LOL.

Regards

Jeff

RP54

Threads
Hello,

If you ever remove the rod cap, do it over a plastic tray, as the needle bearings will fall out and go everywhere.

Been there, done that,,,LOL.

Regards

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

Cottenerik

Forum Newbie
Threads
View attachment 46063View attachment 46064View attachment 46065View attachment 46066

Sorry, I don't know how to rotate the 2 middle pics. I will be gone tomorrow to pick up a Bolens articulated mower but I'll take more pics of the engine itself when I get back.
I received several mowers at one time several weeks ago. I'm still trying to prioritize what to work with first. I'm just trying to collect info for this one right now so I'll have it on hand when I'm ready to restore it.

This Jacobsen, the Eclipses, and an F&N reel have been challenging to find anything about. The others all have B&S engines (WI, 5S, & NS), and I have all the B&S manuals, just little to nothing about the mowers themselves.

I've heard that too. The more I read about Jacobsen the more impressed I become; This Jacobsen was one of the reel mowers I've wanted for a while.
I've heard that too. The more I read about Jacobsen the more impressed I become; This Jacobsen was one of the reel mowers I've wanted for a while.
I recently(this week) picked up a beautiful Jacobsen Lawn Queen and I would really like to restore her. She is nearly identical to the one you have pictured.
Do you know where I can look up the serial number and find repair manuals?
Thank you

uptown

Threads
whats the serial #? ill look it up for you in my book

uptown

Threads
Serial number says it's a 1950 20" lawn queen. Looks to me like the early j-100 Jacobsen engine. 1.8 hp

uptown

Threads
Second thinking myself. 2inch bore 1.5stroke on a 1950 lawn queen would have to be a j-125 engine. Should be a mt-58 or a mt-77a tillosen carb on it