Help with Cub Cadet LTX 1050

signsnlines

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet LTX1050 with a 22HP Kohler Courage engine (model SV715. I recently installed the PTO and the spindles on the mower. When I engaged to PTO the battery light came on. I then bought a new battery (over 5 years old) I then checked the regulator and got a reading of 45V on the A+A connectors and -3 DCV on the B connector. I knew I was supposed to get a reading of 13.5 - 14 on B so I bought a new regulator. I got the same readings, so I bought another new regulator and got the same readings again. What and where to go from here? Any help would be appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things you need to check before taking a DC reading. First, if you don’t have a jumper going from the regulator to a good ground, make one. These regulators need to have a GOOD ground. Second, test to see if you have 12V at the B+ terminal of the voltage regulator with the key switch on, but not running. Need to have this to get an accurate regulator output reading.

signsnlines

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you so much for getting back to me this soon, I'm getting desperate. Been working on this for the last three weeks. I will try your recommendations and get back to you with the results

signsnlines

Forum Newbie
Threads
Success!!! I grounded the regulator with jumper wire and then tested connector B with just the switch on and got no reading at all. Then my son moved some wires and I got a reading of 11.97 DCV. We then tracked the wiring to a loose wiring harness that goes to the main switch. I must have partially disconnected it when I installed the PTO connectors.

Thanks for all the help. I just didn't know where to go with this problem.