Clutch not engaging deck belt

Hydestone

Threads
I had a belt pop off and wrap around the clutch. After removing it and replacing the belt, it no longer works. It does turn, but barely and makes some sort of rattling noise. Any idea what is happening?

Hydestone

Threads
Awesome, thanks Mark. I’ll test it then post up my findings.

Any suggestions on where to get a good deal on a clutch? Amazon?

Hydestone

Threads
I am having some issues trying to remove the clutch. I don’t have an impact driver, trying to use ratchet by the motor is turning. Any ideas how to stop it from turning? Is holding the shaft with a pipe wrench a bad idea?

Hydestone

Threads
Can’t get the wrench on the pipe shaft to hold it.

I’m afraid I’ll break of plastic fins if I try to jamb something in the top of motor.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
remove spark plugs & place a piece of rope in spark plug holes, rope the size of pull cord on lawnmower, then remove bolt on crankshaft.

Hydestone

Threads
Ok. I’ll give that a shot. Was going to shoot over to Home Depot to grab an air driver. Would prefer to save the $$!

Hydestone

Threads
I removed the spark plug and put some starter cord in as far as I could. Just kept spinning.

You said remove spark plugs and put in holes...there is only 1 spark plug that I am aware of.

Also, is it ok to put cord in there on an OHV engine?

Hydestone

Threads
Swung by the depot and picked up an impact driver. Removed old clutch...ohms were at 7.7. Put the new one on, all systems go. He old craftsman lives on.

Thanks for all your help!