Just joined

RP54

Threads
Hi. I'm from North Carolina. Retired, I'm collecting and restoring old powered reel mowers as a hobby. I have several Eclipses, a Jacobsen, an Excello, an old Sears (before the days of Craftsman), and others; they range from the 1930s to 1969. I have a year-old Husqvarna 48" riding mower as well as a 13-14 year old Husqvarna self propelled for my regular mowing. I'm hoping to find a Bolens Lawn Keeper or similar articulated from the 60s to restore in the next months, and perhaps a Wheel Horse 702 and/or an Allis-Chalmers B110. While waiting for something to come available I am researching and collecting information about these.
Thanks for letting me be part of this forum! - Bob

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
:welcome::welcome:
You have quite a collection!
There are some pretty smart people on here ....... When they want to be :laughing:

RP54

Threads
:welcome::welcome:
You have quite a collection!
There are some pretty smart people on here ....... When they want to be :laughing:

Thanks! I have several more and a couple Lawn Boys from 1958 & 1960. I'm trying to get a couple projects done early this coming week so I can start playing with these. I have a Toro reel I've used a few times to mow my front yard with. It's fun but a monster! I'm guessing it's somewhere well north of 100 lbs (no idea how many liters that is in metric :wink:) The Briggs on it is huge so this old guy gets a workout! If the grass isn't too tall I love using a simple push reel mower. When it gets out of hand I usually trot out the regular rotary mower, but I love testing the antiques when they are ready.

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to meeting folks and enjoying seeing and hearing about other folk's mowers!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!