Correctly Installing Grass Bag

billy3p

Threads
Toro Recycler Model 20020

My mower has recycle bag part number 93-0266 and it is a real pain in the ... to attach to the deck chute as well as to remove for emptying. In looking at the design I thought there would be a hangar bar for it to attach below the cross piece on the handle bars as opposed to the frame sitting on the cross piece itself but if there is I don't have it.Of course I inherited the mower from the original owner who said every piece of accessories was in the box he gave me but?
If anyone can tell me how the bag should sit in the correct position when using that would be great.Even better would be a video showing how to install/remove it during use. I have tried a you tube search but unable to find a video for this specific bag.I wonder if Toro scrapped this configuration due to it being ridiculous to use??

Thanks for all replies

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your part number goes with a model 59299 bagging kit. Here is a manual on how to install. One of the simplest systems to use when installed correctly. https://www.toro.com/getpub/14234

billy3p

Threads
Followed the link sent by Rivits and while instructional it didn't provide any information as to whether the bag itself is held in place by a support rod on the bottom side of the handle bar cross piece or if it simply sits on the piece. All I know is that I am always getting it caught on the pull rope when either removing it to empty or put in in place. Surely this should not be the case and while I am no Albert Einstein I can walk and chew gum at the same time lol.

billy3p

Threads
Truly apologize for misspelling forum member Rivets name

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Right hand unlocks the bag and pushes the rope out of the way, while left hand lifts the bag off the retaining post. Not really that hard, been working with them for a couple of decades. It has been around for that long, had it on my 1992 Toro, which I justed traded in.

billy3p

Threads
Will spend some time practicing this one day this week so I will be ready after the next round of rain moves through.Plenty of leaves already on the ground due to extended hot and dry conditions here in Austin so I need to stay on top of that as well.