MAC 3200 will not start

dougand3

Threads
Never bent a brass nozzle 30*....think it might collapse. Think about options to make it work...is it hitting plastic that can be cut away? Would a 90* nozzle work? You can change them but can be tricky.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No the fuel & return nozels are not bendable nor replaceable.
The size shape ,& direction of them is one of the things that demands 19,000 diferent carbs.

Did you take that manifold off at any point of time ?
have you owned it since new ?
Good chance that the manifold is on backwards.

ggratecc

Threads
No the fuel & return nozels are not bendable nor replaceable.
The size shape ,& direction of them is one of the things that demands 19,000 diferent carbs.

Did you take that manifold off at any point of time ?
have you owned it since new ?
Good chance that the manifold is on backwards.[/QUOTE

thanks,
I got this used and was repairing it for a neighbor.
last week I purchased this :
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MR29YS4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
A Trustsheer C1Q-W8 - $12.
I modified the chain saw so it would accept the carb (as is)!

ggratecc

Threads
Never bent a brass nozzle 30*....think it might collapse. Think about options to make it work...is it hitting plastic that can be cut away? Would a 90* nozzle work? You can change them but can be tricky.

All,
OK, the deed is done! Chain saw is working great with new carb:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MR29YS4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here are some photos:
20191108_200135340_iOS.jpg20191108_192137522_iOS.jpg20191108_200143019_iOS.jpg20191108_221540656_iOS.jpg

I bought a new Dremel tool (which I have always wanted) and ground off the two tits on cylinder side of carb!
The choke control was on the opposite side of original , so I cut a hole in the filter cover and ran a small piece of wire to control it!
Then realized I need to shave some plastic case that was blocking the input fuel hose (no problem there).
Finally got carb on and realized the throttle linkage was getting stuck on the plastic case, thus I used the Dremmel again to shave off part of the throttle
linkage near the little hole of throttle control.

Then I decided to empty the fuel tank (actually did it before cutting and grinding), and found it had much debris as I flushed it out 4 times!
Listening to ya'll again, I put in a new HD premixed 50:1 fuel in tank.

closed choke and engine started up in about 15 pulls! Adjusted the idle and let it run in various angles for 10 min.
Turned it off, then reinstalled the chain. Started up on the second pull and took it to the backyard and cut down some branches.
I must say it works nearly like new.
As you can see it is missing a plastic tooth part on bottom to catch the log.

I want to especially thank you Doug for sticking with me on this! I learned much and got some satisfaction in the end.
best regards,
Greg

dougand3

Threads
That choke cable looks factory fresh. Good jury rigging job.
And the 3200 is a solid little limbing saw.