Help! peerless transaxle won,t engage

rca1pollock

Forum Newbie
Threads
I seriously need help. I rebuilt my JD 111 peerless 801 transaxle and believe everything was back together correctly. just put tractor back together and it will not move and will easily shift into all slots, but requires clutch depress to go into reverse. the motor shaft, belt and transaxle pulley are turning at same speed and direction no matter what gear, 1-5, neutral, or reverse, but tractor wont move. is it possible that the shift fork inside isnt around the shift collar anymore? or what? going to start tearing tractor and transaxle apart and see, but manual says it is thee "linkage not transaxle...do not remove!. the clutch does nothing but unload the tensioner so it isn't that?

Romore

Threads
Sounds like you left a key out of either the wheel hub or the transaxle.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

Romore

Threads
It is a manual transmission, not a hydro.

rca11pollock

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks guys. It WAS the key missing between transaxle shaft and pulley, so pulley was spinning but shaft wasn't! When i pushed pulley onto shaft, the half moon key must've pushed right out of bottom and i didn't even notice til all was back together...thanks!

rca11pollock

Forum Newbie
Threads
??? Now I know transaxle is working fine I thought I was there. But now I am trying to re hook up the connections inside the dash after ripping all aprt and reassembling..The solenoid and the starter block and the ignition switch. I wish I could find a diagram because I am not able to start it now, even though I hook it up right the last time, it is not hooked up correctly now.??????

Romore

Threads
Amazing the little things that getcha.:smile: