what's a 140 worth

451johnny

Threads
I have a chance to buy a john deere 140 with a 4 way snow plow 2 rear ag tires with chains and plastic wheel weights it has 3 levers controls on the left and one on the right one foot petal on the left and 2 on the right the owner says the motor and all the hydraulics work fine and it has 1567 hours on the meter.. the paint on the tractor looks good for such an old machine..my question is how much those a tractor like this is worth..?? johnny

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not much of an expert on that machine but..... That's from back when they made them good, quality stuff, but I'm thinking that's lots of hours on an old hydraulic drive machine with the Kohler single. Are you pretty mechanically savvy?

451johnny

Threads
yes I am so I can probably take care of ( some ) things ..but I now think I did pretty good I found out that the hydraulic 4 way plow alone go's for about $350 around here easy.. the ag rear tires were dry rot so I was able to get it for $360 he was asking $400 ( tractor ) some guy in another tractor forum said that these tractors go for $800 t0 $1000 in the east coast and that's where I'm from so feel pretty good about that...thanks for your help ….johnny