Troy-bilt 46 inch zeroturn mower

stevesc

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower blades stopped working. Normally with the switch engaged you stand up and the mower quits safety issue. But now blades are not engaging and if you stand the mower continues to run. I am thinking the switch might have gone bad. Is their anyway to check it before buying a new one. Or could there be another solution?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
seat switch must be on to engage the blades.
Seat switch should turn off the engine if you stand up and the parking brake is not on.

So yes sounds like the seat switch

stevesc

Forum Newbie
Threads
seat switch must be on to engage the blades.
Seat switch should turn off the engine if you stand up and the parking brake is not on.

So yes sounds like the seat switch

decided to get both A pto switch and a seat switch Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To further diagnose the problem we need a wiring diagram and for that we need the full numbers from the ID tag.
To double check. pull the blower housing off and remove the kill wire (s) to the coil.
I the engine starts & engages the blades fine then you have a fault in that wire.
IT should be open circuit with key on, some one in the seat & pto switch on
It should go closed to ground if the person gets off the seat with the PTO on or if the person gets off the seat PTO OFF but parking brake not on.

stevesc

Forum Newbie
Threads
To further diagnose the problem we need a wiring diagram and for that we need the full numbers from the ID tag.
To double check. pull the blower housing off and remove the kill wire (s) to the coil.
I the engine starts & engages the blades fine then you have a fault in that wire.
IT should be open circuit with key on, some one in the seat & pto switch on
It should go closed to ground if the person gets off the seat with the PTO on or if the person gets off the seat PTO OFF but parking brake not on.

Well took it in and in case this happens to anyone else it turned out to be a diode in the wiring harness. (or that's what they tell me)
Problem is cant just get the diode you have to get the whole harness.
Thanks again for the suggestions.