Engine stop solenoid

cambre

Threads
Is a stop solenoid adjustable? It's on a Grasshopper 725 D.

cambre

Threads
I have a Grasshopper 725D. The stop solenoid on mine got to where it would not pull the shut off far enough to kill it. I could not find any adjustment so I bent the piece where solenoid hooks to stop mechanism to make engine die. Let me ask you a question, have you ever had air get into the injector pump? I was mowing and the engine died. It started and after a while died again. Kept doing that until it would not start any longer. So I had air in the fuel lines. first I changed both filters. My mower had a plastic tube that the main filter fit in. Being it was a plastic tube I thought it might have a pin hole so I bought a whole new filter assembly. No plastic tube. after bleeding system it would run for 10 min. & die. Then I changer all the rubber fuel lines & bled it again. It ran for 10 min. then died. I found out when you get air in the injector pump it's very hard to get it out. Any experience with this. Was your stop solenoid not killing the engine? That's what mine did & when I made that bend it shorten the distance the solenoid had to pull to kill the engine. Worked for me.