Courage 19

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
SV590-0220
Carb failed and flooded the crankcase, bought a new Chineseium carb so I could get the grass cut, I want to rebuild the carb for a back up BUT this one has a Walbro carb with the solenoid on the bottom, how do I take it off so I can take off the bowl, it's kind of weird lookin, it's kind of round with a flat side where the head of a bowl nut would be. :confused2:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Scrubby,
been doing it long enough now to eyeball 1/2"
Find an old cheapie & grind it a touch thinner
Stahlwillies & some of the better snap ons will be hin enough to get between the bowl & the solenoid.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Thanks Bert! Thought I might could grind one down, but wanted another opinion before I did it.:thumbsup:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Scrubby,
been doing it long enough now to eyeball 1/2"
Find an old cheapie & grind it a touch thinner
Stahlwillies & some of the better snap ons will be hin enough to get between the bowl & the solenoid.

I have a 7/16, 1/2, and 9/16 that I have done that to for various repair projects. I don't remember what the 9/16 is for, but the 7/16 is for the nut behind the wire on starters to prevent from turning the stud going into the starter and twisting the wires.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
So the confession of a "cheap tool " user.:laughing:
:laughing:
:laughing:
Most my tools are Kobalt, Gearwrench, Craftsman and Hyper tough(a cheap wrench set I got at Wal-Mart)
The only Cheap tool I Will not buy again is a 3/8 torque wrench from Harbor freight, since I don't use or need one too often. I've had it 2 years and have used on 7-8 projects, (head bolts, sump bolts , flywheel nuts) it's got to the point where it Barely makes a click when the value is reached.
I'm thinking about getting one of those Tekton torque wrenches....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A friend who has been a professional mechanic all his life used to go look at everyone's screwdriver drawer / rack
He always maintained that a real mechanic will have at least 50 screwdrivers and every one of them will be modified to do a particular job.
He usually advises friends to have a look in the workshop.
If the mechanics all have massiv rolling tool chests with nice moulded inserts for the one & only one tool of any size, take your car somewhere else.:laughing:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I was able to take off the solenoid and bowl nut by hand, i want to rebuild this one (carb) maybe a new solenoid if this one aint working right,, but looking at parts tree and jacks i cant buy a rebuild kit. not even any chinese ones on Scamazon.
It is a Walbro LMK carb, i found the only LMK carb on Walbro's web page. and it shows no fuel solenoid on it, so im not 100% sure its the right one.
the only markings i find on it are WALBRO and LMK and there is a laser etched number below the LMK.
it reads as follows.: 54 0210 2005335 and on the other side of the carb it says
"Mexico"
0200 7561.
Thanks.

Last edited: