j-jock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I am a new member, and have a number of small engine machinery, including Genset, pressure washers, chainsaws, ride on tractor, and an assortment of vintage Lawn-Boy push mowers. I have just found the site, and today's reason for joining, is that I am interested in getting the oldest Lawn-Boy, a 2 cycle, 19 inch, model 6024, operational.
I had a Lawn-Boy in the early 70s, and the thing was indestructible. I intend to put it to use for light duty trimming. I am not looking to restore the mowers, but I do want to get them running well enough to be reliable.
I pulled the 6024 apart today, and have it to the point where the carb is clean, I have spark, and it is ready to run. The problem with this particular mower is, that it sounds like it has a bad connecting rod. I was wondering if there is a source for older Lawn Boy parts, or has anyone filed the cap and the base of the rod to attempt to match the crankshaft journal. I know I could probably bore the rod on my lathe, but I wanted to confirm that there is enough material on the rod to make this repair.
I hate to move on to the next mower if this one can be made to run. I want to get them all running.
Thanks for any information.
Bob

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi Bob. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to our Lawn Boy section.