Chinese briggs?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe this engine is actually made right here in the USA. I guess labor costs are getting too high in Mexico? Ran across this listing for a tiller and they were somewhat bragging on the CR engine.

The machine consists of a B&S engine, Series CR950 OHV of outstanding quality, made in USA.

Romore

Threads
The Intek horizontal shaft engines are made by Briggs in China, overall quality is better than the knockoffs. Vanguard production has been moved to the U.S. from Japan, the working relationship with Daihatsu is over.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm hanging onto my (vintage) Flathead Briggs as long as I can keep it going..

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just a 22" mower blade, it is a 15 year old MTD push mower. But that old Briggs has been pretty bullet proof. Only once did I get a gas leak at the carb to engine.

Found out the wife was pushing down on the handle & banging the front down to try & dump some cuttings.. I Loc-tited it after that & told her that was not a good thing. Been fine before & after that dealio.

Oh yea, then there was the time she pushed it up under our rear deck & hit a 4" river rock (my stash) & bent the crank slightly. I did manage to beat that back into submission.

So actually 2 events. & re-bushed the wheels.