Recycler Grind issue

piersm2

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I am creating a new post because the only other I can find is a few years old.

Bought a 2010 recycler and the left rear wheel was grinding. Pulled off the wheel and the wheel gear was shot. Bought a new wheel, put it on and got a couple laps in when I started to hear the grinding. Took the wheel off and it was starting to strip again. I read to put some washers between the main frame and the black mount that holds on the wheel adjustment lever. The wheels are out of alignment as well (trying to upload pic). I ordered up some pinion gears as they seem a bit warn, but anyone else run into this issue and get a fix the way I pointed out?

Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you check the bearing hoc. It is where the axle shaft comes through the adjuster bracket. I’m guessing that the hoc and/or bearing is worn.

piersm2

Forum Newbie
Threads
My thought is that this plate that adjusts that the wheel bolts onto is bent. When I screw the wheel bolt in, it looks crooked. Think it has to do with the beating?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It could, but I would check the bearing hocs first. In nine years I’ll bet they may be worn.

piersm2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the pic of the bolt and gear. It looks as though it is bent away from the gear.

IMG_6319.jpg

So you are thinking Item 10 here?

full.png

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It does look like it might be crooked, but you can’t tell for sure unless you tighten it down with the washer 11.2 in place. The hoc and bearing I’m talking about are parts 10, 15 and 16. 10 and 16 will wear and if I any are worn I replace all three.