Choke not choking

joeschuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all, hoping this is the right place for this kind of an issue.. First post, so don't shoot me if something doesn't exactly make sense, I'm very inexperienced with engines and just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I bought a Husqvarna LTH140 a couple years back, always had issues starting it which led to me cranking the engine much more than it needed to be cranked, as this year I finally realized what the issue was, which is the choke is not closing the valve. I looked into it, and noticed that the lever doesn't move the linkage to the choke, but can't seem to figure out where I need to reconnect it.

I attached 3 pictures, hopefully someone can help. The tractor works well if I manually press the valve closed to start it up, but obviously don't want to keep popping the hood every time I start her up. Thanks in advance!

20191005_144042.jpg

20191005_144026.jpg

20191005_144109.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The most common issue is the throttle cable slips in the clamp in your case is held with a torx head bolt. Put the throttle control in the choke position loosen that clamp and then pull the cable until it stops and retighten the clamp. so if the choke closes then.

It looks like there should be more movement in that connection the way the lever is setting. If that doesn't do it then post the model and spec from the engine so we can look up more specific information.

joeschuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks a lot, I'm going to try that in the morning. Thank you for your time.

joeschuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you again, I tried this earlier and it's all it was, thankfully, it all works now.

We had found a strange metal clip-like piece early in the season(clearly was not even from the tractor) which led me to figure out that the choke wasn't responding to the movement of the throttle, and we kind of let it just sit since I'm not very well versed in engines.

But I tightened the cable, and now choking the engine on the throttle closes the valve properly.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your time. You saved me a bunch of time and money.

upupandaway

Threads
Thank you again, I tried this earlier and it's all it was, thankfully, it all works now.

We had found a strange metal clip-like piece early in the season(clearly was not even from the tractor) which led me to figure out that the choke wasn't responding to the movement of the throttle, and we kind of let it just sit since I'm not very well versed in engines.

But I tightened the cable, and now choking the engine on the throttle closes the valve properly.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your time. You saved me a bunch of time and money.

Make sure to clean and lube the moving pieces so that extra tension will not pull your cable back to recreate the same problem.