Gravely 42" ZT XL 38hrs, buying used

Chip1wa

Threads
Looking for advice on picking up a very lightly used Gravely 42" ZT XL, 7000 Series 24hp Kohler power plant, ZT2800 hydros.

With 38 hrs on the unit I've found, this mower likely hasn't even had it's first engine oil change.

I found on the Gravely website no express mention of warranty only applying to the original owner, but I'd suspect their warranty to only apply to the first buyer.

The mower appears to be in very good shape.

Having no warranty for a second owner, would would this be a deal breaker? Any consistent problems with this unit?

I realize it is considered a Residential Mower. I'm not planning on cutting grass for fun and profit. I'm just going to be cutting my yard-a residential grade mower is fine with me. I have a 1/4 acre lot and live in south Louisiana.

Money isn't really a factor, but it popped up on a feed this morning for a price that is unusually low-as in half the price of new-for a 38 hour mower.
Maintenance wise from the electrical, moving parts and engine part of the equation, I have a set of tools and know how to used them.

RLAMMERDING

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2016 at xl 42, great machine, no problems or complaints. How much???

Chip1wa

Threads
$2k. I'm in industrial sales and normally like to haggle, but I felt it was an extremely fair deal The guy bought it July 2018. The original invoice was in the folder. $4400 out the door.

Me and a buddy drove up to Jackson, MS to pick it up. After a wash job the thing looks new. He said he used his 60" Bad Boy more than this thing.

I even got a new set of blades for it.

I do need to figure out how to get it to track with both handles even with each other. As it is, while going straight, the left handle/joystick/lever is about 2" in front of the right one.

The guy had the air pressure way off on all 4 corners.

I really wasn't looking to pull the trigger quite yet, but from the pics on craigslist I knew this was the one.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
To set tracking make sure rear tire pressure is equal. Push both handles all the way forward on level ground if machines does not track straight adj wheel speed till machines tracks straight then adj levers to be inline. Page 26 and 27 of owners manual.

tbzep

Threads
To set tracking make sure rear tire pressure is equal. Push both handles all the way forward on level ground if machines does not track straight adj wheel speed till machines tracks straight then adj levers to be inline. Page 26 and 27 of owners manual.
And tire pressure is critical for the adjustment. Just a couple pounds makes a difference at the low pressures they run on.