Mower blades do not disengage properly.

pete c

Threads
My "new" LT1000 works beautifully, with one exception. OK, maybe more than one, but there is one that particularly annoys me.

On start up everything is fine. Just the engine is running. Blades are still. The blades engage properly when instructed to do so, but when you disengage, I can detect no slowing of them. I have not yet tried to mow in this state to see if the added drag might stop them, but I will.

I suspect it is a simple matter of lubricating the lever of the tensioning pulley that controls this. My old Ariens would actually brake this pulley when disengaged. I don't know if this one does or if it simply releases tension on the belt. Seems as though it should.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
We would need a model number off of the tag under/behind the seat to even possibly give any help.

Cusser

Threads
I have an LT1000, 2005 vintage.

I've had same issue about blades not disengaging on mine in the past. I took the deck off and cleaned and lubed (silicone lube) the pulley system, as there are two tensioner pulleys that need to be able to slide back into position, have strong spring(s) to make this happen. Maybe your spring broke or became weaker.

pete c

Threads
That's what I was thinking. I will take the deck off and give it a good look over, lube.

How difficult is the deck to remove?

I need to find a manual for it.

Cusser

Threads
How difficult is the deck to remove?

Like 5 hitch pins and a spring, not difficult.

I need to find a manual for it.

Should be able to locate free online as a PDF. Or post or PM me with your E-mail address and I'll send a copy for my 2005 LT1000.

primerbulb120

Threads
The cable running from the blade lever to the deck may also be sticking or rusted.