Steering is Slipping

Threads
Hi all, I have a Husquvarna riding mower that the steering gears are slipping. I replaced both gears that connect together, all the bushings, and the steering shaft. Not sure what is the problem at this point.

modle #.jpg
gear pic.jpg

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
grease sector & pinion gears every service, apply a liberal amount of grease. running dry will cause gears to wear down & fail prematurely. make sure gears are properly aligned & meshed together before greasing. after greasing rotate steering wheel back & forth several times then test drive. let us know how it goes.thanks, Markhttp://service.webec.husqvarna.net/...AAes/HUSO2014_AAenAAes_YTH22V46_586110949.pdf

refer to page 14 in your operators manual, lubrication chart

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please don’t grease the steering gear or the sector gear, this will attract dirt and cause premature wear. Just what I’ve seen in the past. Did you replace the lower steering support? If the steering shaft moves side to side through this support, it will not allow the gears to mesh properly.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rivets & I will dissagree on this , sort of.
Use dry lithium chassis grease on the gears and on the plate then leave it 10 minutes for the solvent to evaporate.
Using regular grease will do as RIVETS and make a grinding paste.
Also check the pivot point for the fan gear they flog out .

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
There's dirt there whether you use grease or not. So that leaves the question do you like dry dirt or lubricated dirt. But lack of lube isn't the problem if all new parts were installed.