Oregon 82-325 Cast Iron Spindle replacement for Scag 46631

KlinkSanford

Threads
  • / Oregon 82-325 Cast Iron Spindle replacement for Scag 46631
I was looking online for information on greasing these aftermarket Oregon 82-325 Cast Iron Spindle replacement for Scag 46631 spindles, and I found a lot of conflicting information as to the construction and the corresponding greasing schedules for Oregon spindles. Most said all of Oregon's spindle bearings are sealed, so they only need a tiny bit of grease just to keep water out, that anymore than that is a waste of time and grease. I looked at Oregon's technical specs and found nothing on my specific spindle, so I contacted Oregon with my questions and they responded. Keep in mind that this reply strictly only concerns my Oregon 82-325 Cast Iron Spindle replacement for Scag 46631 spindles

They responded:

1) The bearings are not sealed (this may change to “sealed bearings in the very near future), and require greasing every 40 hours or once a week.

2) This lubrication process will grease the shaft at the same time.

3) See question/answer #1

4) You should use Lithium MP White Grease 2125

5) Pump grease into zerk fitting until fresh grease is seen coming from the “weep” valve (opposite side of the zerk fitting).

I hope this helps!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Oregon 82-325 Cast Iron Spindle replacement for Scag 46631
The bearings are not sealed, but the spindle shaft has a seal top and bottom.
The bearings (2) are tapered roller bearings with a cup and cone facing each other on the spindle shaft.
Grease the Oregon replacement spindle the same as a Scag OEM spindle which is the same as their response.