2006 Kubota ZD 25 - Loss of power issue

delaswim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I have a 2006 Kubota ZD 25 with about 775 hours. A couple years back I replaced the fuel filters and air filter.

This summer I've been experiencing power loss while mowing, and typically when I'm mowing up hill. My engine bogs down, and I usually throttle back and disengage the blades. Then the motor regains RPM's and works like normal. It's getting bad, in that when I was mowing yesterday (for about 2 hours), this bogging down happened about 8 times.

Not sure what to do...

I appreciate the help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
sounds really like a build up of crud in the tank

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
How many hours since the fuel filters were changed?

delaswim

Forum Newbie
Threads
How many hours since the fuel filters were changed?

I'll have to check my log books, but I'd guess around 150 hours since last fuel filter change. Is there a way to clean the fuel tank?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll have to check my log books, but I'd guess around 150 hours since last fuel filter change. Is there a way to clean the fuel tank?
I would replace the filters and see if that fixes it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

If there is no filter or pump in the tank then drain it and leave it a day or two to dry out.
With the filler cap off blow air back up the fuel line.
If you have a long air duster ( and you should ) the stick it down the filler cap and have a good blow.

delaswim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: I worked on my zero turn this weekend. I changed the oil and both fuel filters. Kubota does not make it easy to change the fuel filter under the chassis! My mower has 856 hours on it. Last time I changed the filters was July of 2017 at 745 hours.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
What was the result? If the engine runs OK now, it means the filters needed replacement. BUT--115 hours is not a very long time between filters needing changed and it indicates, as others have said, that the fuel tank is probably in need of cleaning. Otherwise, you'll probably have to replace the filters again before the suggested change interval.

delaswim

Forum Newbie
Threads
What was the result? If the engine runs OK now, it means the filters needed replacement. BUT--115 hours is not a very long time between filters needing changed and it indicates, as others have said, that the fuel tank is probably in need of cleaning. Otherwise, you'll probably have to replace the filters again before the suggested change interval.

You are correct. I haven't had a chance to mow with the new fuel filters in place. Once I do, I'll add another update.

delaswim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fuel filters did the trick. I've been told by a few people that I need to clean the fuel tank. I'm not sure what that would involve, but seems reasonable since the last filters only had 110 hours on them.