24hp intek won't start

Mower King

Threads
It cranks and runs now, but runs really rough and still smokes. Engine won't accelerate when i move the throttle.

It's hard to fix them over the phone or the computer board but, that kinda sounds like the choke stuck on!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Could be the governor needs to be reset.
If possible, see if you can move the governor arm while the engine is running and see the rpms change.
Check what Mower king said also.

Lsw0n

Forum Newbie
Threads
My parents have a 24hp intek, model 445677-0476 e1 ....its the worst small engine Ive ever came across. I dont think its broken any rods but it has the symptoms of every common intek problem under the sun. I know this isnt help but I needed to vent lol

Jaycee 176

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 24hp intek died and would not restart. I found it had an ejected valve guide and a bent pushrod in intake on the #1 head, and it had dropped a pushrod on the intake on the #2 head. I figured that was the problem. :)
So I installed a new #1 head, installed all the pushrods and they are working fine. But the engine still will not start. I had also installed new plugs, new fuel filter and hoses, new fuel pump, new fuel solenoid, and rebuilt the carburetor. Thanks

Check your valves for clearance 4intake 6 ex , take a psi test on motor should be at least 70 per side could have a bent can or out of time