Repairs Ferris IS700Z Transaxles

Revy_Ajax

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a Ferris IS700Z four year ago. This year both transaxles began leaking. Took it to the dealer for repair/rebuild. Problem still exists and getting worst. I think I would like to just buy rebuilts or new units. Can anyone tell me of a place that does rebuilding of these units. I believe these are ZT3400 Transaxles.

Has anyone else had problems with these units? The IS700Z is nice........... but this is a real problem.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards

C

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The combined wisedom on this forum tells me that there is no one in the entire USA who specalizes in rebuilding hydros.
I find that amazing considering we are 1/10 the population & have 2 such workshops.
I get my hydro parts from Mulligans.

Mower King

Threads
How many hours are on the mower and where on the transaxles are the leaking or can you tell?

Revy_Ajax

Forum Newbie
Threads
It first started leaking at at one of the rods that that runs through main cover. I don't know what is controlled but I believe it had something to do with the steering. Now it is leaking around the main cover seals.

Revy_Ajax

Forum Newbie
Threads
It first started leaking at at one of the rods that that runs through main cover. I don't know what is controlled but I believe it had something to do with the steering. Now it is leaking around the main cover seals.

Don't know how many hours on the unit. It gets used couple days a week from April to Oct.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The combined wisedom on this forum tells me that there is no one in the entire USA who specalizes in rebuilding hydros.
I find that amazing considering we are 1/10 the population & have 2 such workshops.
I get my hydro parts from Mulligans.

Hydrostat rebuilds and repairs are left up to the individual lawmmower dealers at their own discretion if they want to repair/rebuild or just replace the unit. And the manufacturers don't even require their dealers to repair the hydro unit under warranty. Had a person from 600 miles away, ship me a hydrogear transaxle for his Z turn over this past winter for me to repair/rebuild because he couldn't find a local mower repair shop that would even open the unit up.

Mower King

Threads

With leaking as bad as you say, Hydro Gear tells us to replace the unit and not even try to repair them but, that is when they are still under warranty....after that, it is up to the customer and shop if they want to "try" and repair them. Sometimes it's quite a wait for H-G parts...if you can get them at all.