Ariens YT11 Will Not Turn Over

raider820

Threads
Hello. I need some help. I have a Ariens YT11 (model #935009, SN 007800) that I can not get to turn over. The mower was given to a friend who worked on it and he couldn't fix it, so he passed it on to me. When I turn the key, I get nothing. I have checked and I am getting 12V to the solenoid, but nothing beyond that. I swap solenoids from a mower that works. Same problem. Same thing after I swapped ignition switches. The starter will turn if I use a screwdriver to jump across the solenoid. I figured it could be an interlock switch. According to the manual, there are interlock switches but the manual only show the electrical diagram. It does not show where these switches are located and I cannot find them on the mower. If anyone has a manual that shows the location of each of the switches or could tell me where to look, I really would appreciate it.

02707800 Interlock Switch
02913100 Neutral/Start Switch
53510500 KIT INTERLOCK MODULE

raider820

Threads

Thank you for your response. However, you may have misunderstood exactly what I looking for. I am looking for information as to where exactly those switches are located on the lawnmower. I cannot find them and I am not sure they are on the mower. If they are missing, I need to know where to place new ones. Thanks.

dougand3

Threads
Safety switches are where some movement occurs. I've never seen above GT but here are guidelines:
1. Seat switch - Look under or inside seat.
2. Neutral switch - Look where shifter travels
3. Safety switch - Could be where you engage PTO - a lever? Could be where you depress brake pedal.
Look for wires - switches generally have 2-4 wires, probably in a connector.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First step is always to go to the web site and see what information is there for free.
So go to the Ariens web page.
In the top right corner in a fine font is the words Product support, click on them
In the next window click on the Manuals link then on the next window pop those model & serial numbers in.
You find the owners manual, parts list & service manual all there for free ( bargin ).

In the front section is the wiring diagram which while being a little confusing should point you in the correct direction.

In the electrical section you will see that the mowers with the Briggs or Tecumseh engines use a 4 pole solenoid.
The green wire goes to the S terminal on the key switch so should show + 12V when the key is in the start position.
The other wire ( yellow) provides the ground which completes the circuit so the solenoid can trip & supply the starter with high current 12V DC .

Studying the wiring diagram reveals that the yellow wire bridges at a lug and one side goes to the PTO switch then to the Neutral switch on the gearbox then to the seat switch and then to ground via the brown wire.
All 3 switches have to be in the closed position for the ground to get to the solenoid.

SO check the Yellow wire for ground
The seat, PTO & Neutral switch generally have a 2 blade plug so they can be replaced .
If that is the case make 3 short jumpers with a spade on each end and use them to bridge the plug thus bypassing the switch.
Continue till the engine cranks .
If it does not crank then test for a ground presence as the brown or black wire could have broken.

The kawasaki egine is very similar except they use a relay.

raider820

Threads
First step is always to go to the web site and see what information is there for free.
So go to the Ariens web page.
In the top right corner in a fine font is the words Product support, click on them
In the next window click on the Manuals link then on the next window pop those model & serial numbers in.
You find the owners manual, parts list & service manual all there for free ( bargin ).

In the front section is the wiring diagram which while being a little confusing should point you in the correct direction.

In the electrical section you will see that the mowers with the Briggs or Tecumseh engines use a 4 pole solenoid.
The green wire goes to the S terminal on the key switch so should show + 12V when the key is in the start position.
The other wire ( yellow) provides the ground which completes the circuit so the solenoid can trip & supply the starter with high current 12V DC .

Studying the wiring diagram reveals that the yellow wire bridges at a lug and one side goes to the PTO switch then to the Neutral switch on the gearbox then to the seat switch and then to ground via the brown wire.
All 3 switches have to be in the closed position for the ground to get to the solenoid.

SO check the Yellow wire for ground
The seat, PTO & Neutral switch generally have a 2 blade plug so they can be replaced .
If that is the case make 3 short jumpers with a spade on each end and use them to bridge the plug thus bypassing the switch.
Continue till the engine cranks .
If it does not crank then test for a ground presence as the brown or black wire could have broken.

The kawasaki egine is very similar except they use a relay.

Thanks for the response. I messed around with it some today, but I did not find the problem. It started raining so I had to quit. Hopefully, I will be able to find the problem tomorrow.